I get this question frequently!!! I base my answers on the following list to sort through the hype, the big money and the fancy marketing to decide whether an herb merits medicinal use at commonly accepted doseages for herbs. Note that they must pass EVERY test.
1) Does it meet Hippocrates 'Do no harm"?
2) Does it work WITH the body to move it towards wellness (Vitalist)?
3) It must not be habit forming nor have that potential.
4) Is must not be poisonous.
5) It must not be toxic (cause side effects).
Here at Fir Meadow LLC we can guide you through the ins and outs of confusing questions and wellness protocols with alternative health for you and your creatures. Why? Because our Master of Herbology has the educational foundation to base our guidance on! You can select from a wide array of products and consultation services on our website. Blessings ALL :)
Katherine MH, CR, CA, CEIT, DipHIr, QTP has extensive alternative training in Vitalistic (cause oriented) wellness,including a Master's Degree in Herbology and has a heart to share with you so that you, your family and your creatures may achieve abundant wellness.